Nekro challenges you, a once powerful Alchemist, to destroy the King who betrayed you. As you seek vengeance, you turn to the dark powers of the world, transforming yourself into a Necromancer, raiser of the dead. Summoning an undead army, you march towards the King’s castle, letting nothing stand in your way.
Playing with the speed and fluidity of an old-school action game, Nekro promises an intense and captivating gameplay experience from start to finish. Use different minions in unison to create a force that’s greater than the sum of its parts. Utilize a unique blood mechanic to harvest the flesh of your enemies as you power your undead war machine.
- Create unholy armies using the corpses of your enemy!
- Blood permanently stains the battlefield; body parts squish, bounce, and roll!
- Upgrade your minions to create the perfect ‘monster loadout’!
- Equip powerful armors that literally change the playstyle of the game!
- Dozens of abilities, enemies, monsters and powers!
- A randomized world event system throws exciting twists into each match!
- 3 unique factions to conquer or enslave!
- No play through is ever the same!
For those of you who may not be familiar with Steam’s Early Access service, it is a way for developers to let players test their games before the game is considered complete. Games on Early Access are updated, and all users who have purchased that Early Access game get the update. This allows constant feedback on the game as it progresses, facilitating a relationship between player and developer that can help games cater more to the desires of the player base.
We are at a stage in the game where we feel very confident in its performance. It has a lot of content in it and it’s fun. We were holding local playtests to get feedback which has been extremely positive but it’s time to get feedback on a much larger scale. We will be entering Nekro into public Beta, which will allow us to get tons of feedback on what people like and what they don’t. Steam’s Early Access is the best way to reach a large audience while cultivating constructive opinion and moving the game forward as a large group.
I’ll be the first to say I have mixed feelings about the way Early Access is being handled; I myself have purchased Early Access games only to be burned by the developers not delivering on promises or updating half a year apart.
Here’s why Nekro is different:
- Nekro has already been in development for 3 years now – it’s not in Alpha; it’s in late Beta.
- We have a fully playable game – bugs are at a minimum, all core mechanics work, we’ve tested the game to all hell and it’s fun.
- We will be trying to run our Early Access with an open door policy. Myself and other core members of the team will be personally responding to posts on our Steam Forums. I will attempt to ensure all voices with something constructive to say will get heard.
- We intend to release at least one update every two weeks.
Upon launching Nekro on Steam’s Early Access here’s what will be available:
- 8/20 Levels will be in the game and fully functional.
- 7/9 Summons will be fully functional and playable.
- 17/20 Enemy Units are in and functional.
- 3/5 Nekro Powersets will be fully functional and playable.
- 14/18 Trinkets are present, collectable and useable.
- 1/2 of the Multiplayer Units are in and playable.
- Multiplayer is fully functional.
From the time we launch Early Access, depending on feedback, we anticipate the game to launch mid to late 2014.
If you are a backer, or pre-order you will be entitled to one free steam Key. Additional copies will cost $19.99 USD.
Nekro is an action / strategy game, where you, a powerful Necromancer, summons an army of undead to take revenge against a corrupt King. Nekro features action combat with an emphasis on strategy gameplay.
Nekro will released on PC, Mac, and Linux
We are shooting for beta by the end of 2013 and full release in 2014.
As cheap as we can make it while still being able to eat! You can preorder it now at a reduced price.
You play as an Alchemist betrayed by the King. In order to exact your revenge, you turn to the dark powers of the world, becoming a Necromancer, and summoning an undead army to march toward the King’s castle.
Nekro features one main character and base class. As players progress in Nekro, they will be able to unlock new Nekro Powers. Nekro Powers will change the primary ability of the Nekro as well as change the appearance of the Nekro himself. Each new Nekro Power will play in a unique way, allowing many different play styles that players can choose.
Multiplayer / CO-OP will not be in the initial release, but will be added in a patch later.
Nekro was built in Unity. The team also uses many common art packages used within the game industry, including Photoshop, Maya, 3D Studio Max, and Zbrush.
Nekro is unique, so its hard to really pinpoint a single game it is similar to, but the following have related characteristics: Dungeon Keeper, Myth: The Fallen Lords, Overlord, and Pikmin.